Manufacturing Events, Funding & Resources for May
Good Morning Oregon Manufacturers & Friends!
I hope you’re all doing wonderful. I for one am really enjoying the Spring weather. My gardening skills could use some improvement – namely, read the planting instructions. I never do that.
Below are resources: Virtual Events; Funding for Manufacturers; and Manufacturing News. I hope the information is useful to you or someone you know. Feel free to contact me with questions or assistance!
- May 4th – Controlling Human Error on the Manufacturing Floor
- May 4th – The Changing Role of CFOs in the Manufacturing Sector
- May 6th – OMEP. Compliance Changes for Government Contractors
- May 12 – Effective Digital Marketing for C-Level Executives in Manufacturing
- May 12th – Women Manufacturing Network. Salary Negotiations: Tips and Tricks
- May 13th – PNDC. SUPPLY CHAIN OPPORTUNITIES CONFERENCE from PNDC
- May 13 – Developing your workforce’s Engineering, Design and Manufacturing skills
- May 19th – #BI21.3 Engineering & Manufacturing Forum
- Multiple Dates – Managing Performance 1 Day Virtual Live Training in Portland, OR
Funding for Manufacturers:
Oregon Business Development Fund – The Oregon Business Development Fund (OBDF) is a revolving loan fund that provides term fixed-rate financing for land, buildings, equipment, machinery and permanent working capital. Participants must create or retain jobs and must typically be a traded-sector business in manufacturing, processing or distribution. The program gives preference to projects located in rural and distressed areas and to small businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
E3: Economy, Energy, Environment. This is an EPA incentive program to help manufacturers pursue capital and support for sustainable practices and equipment. The short of it is a local team (OMEP and OSU, for example) will review your facility and practices to make recommendations and connect companies to financial resources. If this interests you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working to revive this program with collaborating partners.
- Meta Fab Blog Posts: The Difference Between Welding & Metal Fabrication
- The 2020 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon – (Meta Fab has been focusing on work culture and we believe that manufacturers can dominate this list in the coming years)
- Ford accelerates battery R&D with dedicated team, new global battery center of excellence named Ford Ion Park
- How to Respond to OSHA’s COVID Enforcement
- Getting the most out of your sustainability program
- What is ISO 14000?
With that, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions about sustainability programs or Meta Fab’s precision sheet metal/metal fabrication services and as always, please have a lovely rest of your May!